Firesafe (Fire Safety Management) Consultants Limited is committed to protecting your privacy
What information is being collected if you are an existing or prospective client?
We may collect personal information from you in connection with your use of Our Site, including such personal information as:
- your name, email address and telephone number when you use our online quick contact form
We may also collect information from you in connection with a service provided by us, including personal information such as:
- your name, postal address, phone number, email address and details of your requirements, either at your property, by telephone or by email, where you engage us to provide fire safety consultancy or fire safety training services on your behalf;
- your bank account details when you have made payment to us for our services either by cheque or an automatic payment method (BACS);
- details relating to the property we are providing consultancy services on or the business we are providing fire safety training to;
- details of your business type, business premises, number of employees, employees with disabilities, young persons (aged 16 years or under), lone workers, pregnant females, customer numbers, visitor numbers, contractor numbers, processes carried on your business premises, existing fire safety arrangements including existence of latest fire risk assessment, health and safety policy, inspection and test records of fire safety protective and preventive measures and equipment (including but not limited to fire alarm systems, emergency escape light systems, fire suppression systems) records of staff fire safety training and fire drills, and any other such records to enable us to gather information about your premises and business.
Use of information we collect
Your information will be used by us in connection with the following purposes:
- to better understand your requirements and provide you with services specific to your needs
- to provide you with the fire safety consultancy services you have requested
- to provide you with a cost quotation for the fire safety consultancy services you have requested
- to provide you with the fire safety training services you have requested
- to provide you with a cost quotation for the fire safety training services you have requested provide accurate and relevant fire safety advice and recommendations
- to conduct a comprehensive fire risk assessment in line with the Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005
- to conduct health and safety risk assessments in line with the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974
- to arrange relevant inspections, test and maintenance of the fire safety protective and preventive systems and equipment in your premises
- to provide you with bespoke fire safety policies, evacuation plans, fire strategies
- to provide you with bespoke health and safety policies
- to provide you with estimates for works
- to provide you with scoping documents and proposals
- to keep client records up to date
The legal basis upon which we use your information
Whenever we collect or use your personal information, we will make sure we do this for a valid legal reason. This will be for at least one of the following purposes:
- because it is necessary to fulfil the terms of our agreement or contract with you – if you have entered into an agreement or contract with us for example, to provide you with a fire safety risk assessment
- because it is necessary to support the legitimate interests of our business in operating Our Site and providing fire safety and health and safety services efficiently to meet your needs.
- to meet responsibilities we have to our tax officials or otherwise meet our legal responsibilities
In all such cases we will look after your information at all times in a way that is proportionate and respects your privacy rights.
The source of the information we collect
The majority of the personal information which we collect will have been voluntarily provided by you either directly to us or from an associate company after you have provided that company with permission to disclose such relevant details to us so that we may contact you with an offer of our services.
The personal information that you provide will be retained by us in accordance with applicable laws. We will take reasonable steps to destroy personal information we hold if it is no longer needed for the purposes set out above. We will only hold your personal information on our system for as long as is necessary for the relevant purpose for which it was collected.
Disclosure of information
The information you provide to us will be held on our computers and will not be used or shared for the purposes of marketing. We may disclose as much of the information as is necessary to third parties listed below for the following purposes:
- service providers who need to know the information in order to provide us or you with a product or service including our approved contractors for the purpose of carrying out inspection, test and maintenance at your property
- our professional advisers, for the purpose of assisting us to better manage, support or develop our business and comply with our legal and regulatory obligations
- debt collection companies to assist us in collecting any monies which you owe to us where payment is overdue
- law enforcement bodies and/or other regulatory entities in order to comply with any legal obligation or court order including the police, HMRC and local authorities
We do not share personal information on social media although we may from time to time make reference to a service we have provided on our Facebook page and/or Twitter feed. The reference will not normally contain any personal details you have provided us with and will not disclose any business or trade practices or processes that may occur on your premises however, where it is considered that our association with you by way of us providing a service to you will provide a degree of credit to our company, we will obtain your permission before any reference which will identify your company or business is made.
We employ security measures which aim to protect the information provided by you from access by unauthorised persons and against unlawful processing, accidental loss, destruction or damage.
We also expect you to take reasonable steps to safeguard your own privacy when transferring information to us, such as not sending confidential information over unprotected email, ensuring email attachments are password protected or encrypted and only using secure methods of postage when original documentation is sent to us.
Right to access personal information
You have a right to request that we provide you with a copy of your personal information that we hold and you have the right to be informed of; (a) the source of your personal information; (b) the purposes, legal basis and methods of processing; (c) the data controller’s identity; and (d) the entities or categories of entities to whom your personal information may be transferred.
Right to rectify or erase personal informationYou have a right to request that we rectify inaccurate personal information. You can also request that we erase your personal information in the following circumstances:
- where it is no longer needed for the purposes for which it was collected; or
- where you have withdrawn your consent (where the data processing was based on consent); or
- where it has been processed unlawfully; or
- to comply with a legal obligation to which we are subject.
We are not required to comply with your request to erase personal information if the processing of your personal information is necessary:
- for compliance with a legal obligation; or
- for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims.